STEP – Study Eligibility Program
STEP is a 14 months pre-bachelor program for students who have completed their schooling in their home country and wish to pursue their Bachelors education in Germany. STEP prepares students (similar to a Studienkolleg-Study college) for the Feststellungsprüfung (FSP) – A German school equivalent exam & upon successful completion are eligible to join Bachelors in their specific field at any University in Germany. STEP is offered in 3 variants
T course – for technical studies
W course – for Management studies
M course – for medical related studies (External exam)
WHY CHOOSE STEP?
STEP is a Gateway program for international students to join Bachelors in Germany across Engineering, Medical, and Business Streams.
OPPORTUNITIES AFTER STEP
• Eligible to study across 180+ German Universities – Join popular engineering, medicine and business studies
• Guaranteed Admission to bachelor programs at Hochschule Vitruvius
- Gateway for international students to join Bachelors in Germany across Engineering, Medical and Business Streams.
- German language and Subject-oriented program
- After qualifying exam (FSP) students are eligible to apply to other numerous state and private Universities in Germany
- Social & Cultural Integration
• Students who have completed the 12th Grade
• Application requirement German A2 (internal language certificates or Goethe, Telc, ÖsD certificate)
How to Apply
1. Complete the Application Form and send across the required documents, wait for our International office to verify/proof-read your documents (1 to 2 Weeks)
2. When accepted students receive admission acceptance form. It has to be signed and sent back to IAS via email as a scanned copy.
3. Transfer Fees
4. Open Blocked Bank account in Germany
6. After Skype-interview IAS sends original admission letter
7. Apply for Visa
8. Pack your bags to fly to Germany
1. STEP application form
2. Declaration form
3. Accommodation request form
4. Copy of your final school certificate and if applicable, a university entrance exam certificate of your home country.
5. Officially certified translation of your original certificates (if the originals are not in German or English)
6. Language proficiency test results (Can also be produced before admission but a must for Visa Processing) (IELTS 5.0 or above, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge tests are also accepted)
7. Resume in tabular form
8. One passport size photo in good resolution
9. Passport copy
1. WHO CAN APPLY for STEP PROGRAM?
Any school student who has completed 12 Years of Schooling in their home country
2. CAN I JOIN DIRECTLY TO BACHELOR PROGRAM WITHOUT PRE BACHELOR STUDIES ?
No ,according to the German education system, international students are not eligible for a direct entry to Bachelor studies.
SHOULD I KNOW GERMAN LANGUAGE FOR JOINING STEP PROGRAM?
No, Step program will cover Both German language and technical German
4. IS THERE IS ANY QUALIFICATION EXAM
Yes, at the end of the course the student will have to take up FSP Exam for successfully applying to bachelors.