- T courses for Technical Studies
- M for Medical
- W courses for Business studies
Since all the subjects are taught in English while German is taught separately as a subject, this will be a unique advantage for students. With continuous learning support, students will get a chance to focus on the areas where they really need to improve during this program. They will be able to apply for either German-taught or English-taught bachelors.
E-STEP – There is a one-year E-STEP program as well for those with 12 years of schooling
E-STEP Program – 2 Academic years
IGCSE – 2 Academic years
In Pearson E-STEP, the following subjects are offered.
In IGCSE, the following subjects are offered.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics (student has the option to choose any one of the science options)
- French, German, Spanish
- History or Geography
- Art and Design
- Computer Science
- All the subjects are conducted in English and German is taught separately as a subject. GFL (German as a foreign language) and MTG (Mother Tongue German) are the two options
- Extended Learning Support will a help students to improve the areas where they really need to improve.
- Students have only one re-sit opportunity for each unit in the examination.
- The E-STEP qualification will be graded on a six-point scale from A to E.
- Students whose level of achievement is below the minimum judged by Pearson to be of sufficient standard to be recorded on a certificate will receive an unclassified U result.
- In E-STEP, Exam specifications are appropriate for teaching international learners in an international context and exams are 100% externally assessed.
- E-STEP qualifications help students to progress to universities, other further education opportunities, and employment.
- Students will develop their understanding of German culture with intercultural communication.
A program of two academic years.
- Completed grade 10th in school or ten years of formal schooling from any country for IAL.
- Students who are in grade 10 can apply for IGCSE.
- Age between 14- 19 years. (if still <18 then need to provide the Guardianship letter from parents/guardian)
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form.( If potentially interested only)
- Fill in the Application Form and send the required documents, wait for our International Office to verify/proof-read your documents (1 to 2 Weeks)
- When accepted students receive Admission Acceptance Form (AAF). It has to be signed and sent back to IAS via email as a scanned copy
- Transfer fees & start your German language Online with IAS College
- Receive Admission letter for ESTEP
- Open a Blocked Bank account in Germany to cover the living cost
- Apply for Visa at the relevant German Consulate/Embassy
- Once the visa is issued, transfer the remaining fees
- Inform the IAS student office about the flight details (Note: Flight details must be informed to IAS at least two weeks before arrival).
- Application form( Online application)
- Declaration form
- Accommodation request form
- Copy of your final school certificate and if applicable, a university entrance exam certificate of your home country.
- Officially certified translation of your original certificates (if the originals are not in German or English)
- Language proficiency test results (Can also be produced before admission but a must for Visa Processing) (IELTS 6.0 or above, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge tests are also accepted)- (Note: Language proficiency is not mandatory for IGCSE if the student has completed schooling in English)
- Resume in tabular form
- One passport size photo in good resolution
- Passport copy
Do universities recognize International Advanced Level qualification in IAS college?
Yes. International Advanced Level qualifications in IAS college are already recognised by many leading universities in the UK and internationally.
Who can apply for the study programs?
International students who have finished grade 10 in schools, are eligible to apply for this to start their IAL for two years. The students who have completed grade 12 in their schools, can also join this where they have to finish the program in one year and enter the university for their Bachelor’s degree. Further, students who are in grade 10 and wish to do their IGCSE can also apply.
Should I be able to speak German before applying or do I need to possess any qualifications in German language prior to applying?
No. Schooling in English as a medium of instruction is sufficient. During the course of study, German will be taught separately.
Are there any qualification exams?
Yes, Both for IAL and IGCSE, there will be a mock examination in March/April.
What should I do if I fail the final examination?
Students have only one re-sit opportunity for each unit in the examination.
How is the IAL examination graded?
The IAL qualification will be graded on a six-point scale from A to E. Students whose level of achievement is below the minimum judged by Pearson to be of sufficient standard to be recorded on a certificate will receive an unclassified U result.
What qualifies the students for the IGCSE certificate?
Students should study the compulsory and the optional subjects to qualify under the conditions set by the German Ministry of Education. To get an IGCSE certificate, students need to obtain a minimum score of “C” in five mandatory subjects.
What are the subjects offered for IAL in your school?
Who can apply for an intensive one year IAL course?
Our intensive one-year IAL courses allow students who do not meet entry (including language) requirements for a full program of study, the chance to pursue their studies of choice and to prepare for a full course. It can be a stepping stone for those who have just finished 12th Grade in their home countries and need assistance and additional skills to have a smooth transition to universities.
How is your institute different from the other institutes which offer the same programs?
We are a professional college for direct enrollment, not an intermediary. Our college enrolls students for different educational programs only after the students have been reviewed. We focus on learning support and IEP (Individual Education Plan) depending on the academic background of students. They have a chance to focus on the areas where they really need to improve. Most importantly, we are mentors for our students, not recruiters. After our Program and studies, our students have the opportunity to carve their niche in exploring what the host country has to offer in terms of education and career.