Visa Requirement Process and Tips
Type of Visa
International applicants have to apply for a national visa. This kind of visa can be renewed. If you apply for Schengen visa, there is no possibility to stay or to extend the visa in Germany after the stipulated 3 months or for the number days the Schengen Visa has been issued.
Is there a guarantee for visa?
YES & NO. As you are going to study in a recognized University, in general all students will get the Visa. But if you as a student do not perform well during the interview then it will be diﬃcult to get the Visa. So getting the Visa or not more or less depends upon the student himself.
Will I get a full-time visa?
Consulates/Embassy provides visas for only 90 days, some categories upto 6 months (not for students). Upon arrival in Germany the students need to extend the visa after getting the proper student registration, hostel, city registration bank etc.
Visa Interview Tips – Do’s and Don’ts
All students other than EU Nationals must secure a Visa to enter Germany. The candidate must appear for a personal Interview on a given Date.
VISA Interview is a serious process and interviewers try to access your Skill sets, Behavioural, Cultural & Social Competence.
Here are some TIPS on how to be successful in Visa Interview
- Dress Neatly.
- No ﬂashy styles.
- Do not go in there with Headphones or chewing gum.
- Be very polite while answering.
- Answer questions short and sweet (but do not leave major points out).
- Never indulge in things which you are not familiar with.
- Never answer arrogantly or lightly. Visa Interview is a serious JOB. So give that respect what Interviewer deserves. (They work day and night to send only good students to Germany. So their questions might sometime be hard, but that is how it is. So prove you worthiness and show that you deserve to study in Germany).
- Be conﬁdent. Don’t be scared. Interviewers try to assess you – not there to scare you.
- Leave Pauses between sentences. Interviews are there to judge you – meaning; Interviewer should have time to grasp and understand what you are explaining.
- It should be a dialogue not just monologue. So interact properly as when necessary.
11. Do not memorize sentences – It is easily recognizable while you deliver.